History

Home

Welcome

Our Beliefs

History

Worship

Daily Devotionals

Announcements

Missions

Youth

Programs

Calendar Events

Photo Album

Directions

Contact Us

Other Links

 

Mt. Carmel Church of God

   The origin of Mt. Carmel Church of God was organized as follows:

   Two Brethren from the Mt. Zion Church at Durbin, Ohio decided to attend a meeting at Pleasant View Church of God. After being entertained with a very enthusiastic exposition of God's divine Word, they  decided to invite the Rev. S. Rothrock to come and preach at Mt. Zion Church. With the invitation being accepted, his first sermon was preached on Sep. 20, 1893.

            In Dec. 1894 after a 6 week revival and several new members the desire came for a new and larger church building. With the completion of the new building, the members decided to change the name from Mt. Zion Church to Mt. Carmel Church of God. 

In the winter of 1919 the original church building was destroyed by a fire. After a meeting the following week, it was decided to rebuild the church. And the new church was dedicated in 1923 and is still in use today.